Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hope for a lifetime...One step at a time.







Today's post is inspired by a dear dear friend who will start her 60 mile journey tomorrow. The Susan G Komen walk for breast cancer awareness.

I have read multiple articles and experiences shared by fellow women about Susan G Komen. I know breast cancer awareness is vital and want to thank Susan G Komen for all  they do. I have always been a silent supporter for a good cause and extended monetary help, which I know is important, but getting involved and committed to one thing  is what I  always admire about all the walkers who believe in making a difference.

Today I write for all fellow moms, daughters, girlfriends and wives. We are such a unique breed :) All day long we juggle our emotions and will power  to be strong enough to be a mother, a friend, a wife, a daughter, and a great employee but under all that armor is the soft heart who loves to nurture. A heart which has the power to feel happy for her fellow women's success. A heart who has the power to understand other’s pain like her own. My mom always told me when I was little, a lady is like a coconut... It gets stronger and harder with every wave and wind that clashes against it, tries to break it, yet it continues to nourish within, what is most important! With time I understand the essence of that. 

For my friend, and all the fellow men and women doing the 3-Day walk this year, wish you loads of luck! May your walk be a smooth one, coz it is because you take the pain to walk today, there will be a smooth day in the life of a breast cancer fighter/survivor.
For those who are struggling, know that, it is only the power of a woman, to understand other's pain like her own. We are all with you, for as my friend always says.... " everyone deserves a lifetime! "


No comments:

Post a Comment